Tuesday 27 November 2012

She Look Like a Man (featuring Ms. Swan)

First, enjoy this.


Now on to the story.

Last week on Friday (I think) I was on my way to church to help out in the office a bit. But first, I had to stop at Tim Horton's. I go through the drive through, order my food, and pull up to the window.

Although there weren't any other cars waiting in the drive-thru, my server was incredibly rushed. She practically tosses the debit machine at me, and lets the window close. I pay, and the window reopens. I hand her the pin pad. She hands me my food.

Then, it happened.

She called me sir.

To be precise, she said "Here you go, sir!".

And she laughed. 

All I was thinking was, if anyone gets to laugh, it's me. Maybe she was laughing at herself, but still. Hold it together woman!

I don't know why she called me sir. Maybe it was because I was driving my husband's truck. Maybe in her rush she didn't get a good look at me and my feminine, flowing locks of hair. Maybe it's because I ordered a bacon-breakfast-sandwich on a biscuit (and all that cheese, bacon and fat is very manly, right?). Maybe I have to bleach/wax my upper lip. The answer to this question, I may never know. 

Maybe in response I should give myself a makeover to prevent this from ever happening again. This is a good excuse for a shopping spree, yes? Let's see if I can convince Alex of that...

No comments:

Post a Comment